Friday, November 11, 2011

What are we looking for?

I have been laying in bed, sick, for quiet a while now, when a dear fellow of mine brought me a serie of DVD´s called "Anne from Green Gables" Even i was not quiet in a mood i started watching them and by finishing the second part i got caught in attention about the following sentence:

" It´s not about what the world can give us, but what we can give into the world."

Aren´t we all looking for something. Isn´t the deeper longing driving us out of our shell and bringing us on a journey. Is this the wrong starting point? driven by a deeper longing? Or might that be some kind of a help to not get us settled with the ordinary, but follow our dreams, desires and longings. Do we maybe have to step out in order for us to realize, that all what we were looking for was already put inside of us. 
I am thinking about me and my journey. After being in many places, looking around, just longing to come closer to God´s heart, to find the place where i would never be unsaticfied and than watching a simple movie, having heard the same message over and over again. It feels like this simple piece of the ordinary, is bringing me back to my own heart. To my own heart, where heaven is living, dwelling and expending. The place of hidden treasures. The source of my dreaming and romancing. The home of my creator. The birthplace for all the things, the world longs for maybe waits for - just to be different ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment